Gnocchi with Zucchini Ribbons & Parsley Brown Butter
For this recipe, convenient store-bought potato gnocchi are tossed with delicate ribbons of zucchini, shallots and cherry tomatoes that have all been sautéed in nutty browned butter.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 pound zucchini, (about 3 small), very thinly sliced lengthwise (see Tip)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 11mins
Adapted from EVERYDAYHEALTH.COM
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook gnocchi until they float, 3 to 5 minutes or according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the butter is beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add shallots and zucchini and cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, nutmeg and pepper and continue cooking, stirring often, until the tomatoes are just starting to break down, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and parsley. Add the gnocchi and toss to coat. Serve immediately.'
Per serving: 424 calories; 10 g fat (6 g sat, 0 g mono); 25 mg cholesterol; 66 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 5 g fiber; 753 mg sodium; 539 mg potassium.
You'll also love
- Avocado Shrimp and Tuna Salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Beetroot & Red Pepper Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Eggs Simmered in Tomato Sauce 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pasta Salad (Elizabeth) 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Spinach-Orzo Salad with Shrimp 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Bourbon Brined Pumpkin Molasses... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Winter Squash Soup with Gruyère... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Nonny’s Macaroni & Cheese 4.7/5 (7 Votes)