Vegan Minestrone - The Big Soup
Packed with goodness and great flavor, Minestrone is a soup from Italy. Best eaten in fall or winter months, minestrone makes a perfect light and healthy meal for lunch or dinner. Although there is a huge variety of minestrone recipes as many are the minestrone cooks. But almost all minestrone recipes have three basic vegetables to start with - onion, carrot and celery. One important feature of this soup is that vegetables are to be chopped very fine so that each remains its identity and doesn't blend.
- 1 cup macaroni boiled
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 or 2 cup chopped carrots, potato, celery with leaves, cabbage
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans or green beans, or any beans of your choice
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 4 cups of vegetable broth or water
- 2 tbsp herbs (optional)
- salt and pepper for taste
- grated cheese for garnishing (optional)
Adapted from cooking-pleasures.com
* Heat olive oil in a large pan or pot and saute chopped onions.
* When golden brown, add ginger garlic pastes followed by chopped carrots, celery, cabbage and salt according to taste.
* Saute the mixture till all the vegetables are tender.
* Add herbs, beans and tomato puree.
* Pour in the vegetable stock and macaroni after five minutes.
* Sprinkle black pepper powder according to your taste.
* Cover and cook for about half an hour .
* Season with grated cheese and serve hot in bowls.
You'll also love
- Golden Cream of Mushroom Soup with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Strawberry Pie and Pie... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Tuna Poke 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Lovin' Onions 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli Soup 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheesy Taco Pasta 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Baked Penne 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Mixed Veggie Lentil Bake 4.2/5 (9 Votes)