Spiced Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Spiced Pumpkin Whoopie Pies are filled with the flavors of pure pumpkin, crystallized ginger, coconut oil and cream, sweet spices, and whole wheat flour, for a recipe that is decadent but also health conscious. Get the health benefits of pure coconut oil and whole wheat flour while still enjoying something sweet and indulgent. Serve this recipe any time you have a craving for all things pumpkin spiced.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup coconut cream, skimmed from top of a can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from health.com
Preheat oven to 350ºF with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. Whisk flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
Using an electric mixer on medium speed, blend coconut oil and brown sugar. Beat in pumpkin, eggs, and spices. Scrape down sides of bowl; fold in flour mixture.
Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of batter 1-inch apart on prepared sheets. Bake, switching sheets halfway through, until cookies spring back when lightly pressed, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly on sheets on wire racks, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
Whisk cream cheese, coconut cream, and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in ginger. Cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. Just before serving, top flat sides of half of the cooled cookies with 1/2 tablespoon ginger cream each. Top with remaining plain halves and serve.
You'll also love
- Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Sage Baked Ziti 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Basic Sunday Tomato Sauce 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Guilt Free Chocolate Covered... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Hot Onion & Cheese Soufflé Dip 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Brunch Cake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Holiday-Worthy Overnight “Nog”... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)