Bobby's Light Banana Pudding
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- One -half of 12 oz. box vanilla wafers
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
1. Combine the milk and butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring gently to melt the butter.
2. Mix together 5 Tbsp. of sugar and the cornstarch in small bowl. Add 2 Tbsp. water and mix to create a paste, then whisk into the milk mixture. Raise the heat to medium and cook, stirring until thick and bubbly, 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Transfer to a bowl, and cover with plastic wrap (make sure the plastic is touching the pudding to prevent a skin from forming) and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
4. Combine the whipping cream with the remaining 1 Tbsp. of sugar in a bowl. Beat with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
5. Create a layer of wafers on the bottom of an 8 x 8" dish, and then add a layer of bananas and a layer of pudding. Repeat to make a second layer. Top with the whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight before serving.