No-Bake Lemon Drop Cookies
- 2 cups finely crushed shortbread cookies (about 7 ounces)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely crushed lemon drop candies*
- 2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely crushed lemon drop candies
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 150mins
Adapted from bhg.com
In a large bowl, stir together the crushed cookies, the 1 cup powdered sugar, the almonds, and the 1/2 cup crushed candies. In a small bowl, stir together corn syrup, milk, and melted butter. Stir the corn syrup mixture into the cookie mixture until well combined.
Shape cookie mixture into 1-inch balls. In a small bowl, combine the 1/3 cup powdered sugar and the 1 tablespoon crushed candies. Roll balls in powdered sugar mixture. Place on a large baking sheet or tray.
Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Roll balls again in powdered sugar mixture just before serving. Makes about 36 cookies.
* Place lemon drops in a heavy resealable plastic bag. Use a meat mallet or a rolling pin to coarsely crush the lemon drops. Transfer coarsely crushed lemon drops to a food processor. Cover and process until finely crushed.