- Mushroom Pate
- Metric Ingredient Imperial
- 40 ml butter 3 tbsp
- 1 onion, finely chopped 1
- 250 ml mushrooms, finely chopped 1 cup
- 1 bunch of watercress, finely chopped
- 250 ml cream cheese 1 cup
- - drop soy sauce -
- 2 ml caraway seeds 1/2 tsp
- - black pepper to taste -
Melt butter in saucepan over low heat; add onion and cook until soft but not coloured, stirring occasionally. Increase heat; add mushrooms and cook quickly for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chopped watercress and stir for about 30 seconds, until limp.
Place contents of pan in a food processor or blender together with cream cheese and soy sauce. Blend until smooth and well mixed (mixture will be fairly thick). Stir in caraway seeds and pepper to taste.
Place in serving bowl, cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with thin slices of lightly buttered toast or crackers.