Jello Cheesecake with Walnut Crust - Zippy's
I love all things cheesecake! This nutty, slightly salty and sweet crust is absolutely my favorite! It compliments the sweetness of the cheesecake filling and jello perfectly!
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted walnuts, chopped (substitute with graham cracker crumbs for nut allergies)
- JELLO FILLING:
- 1 package lemon flavored gelatin Jello, 3 ounces
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package cream cheese softened, 8 ounces
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 package cherry flavored Jello, 6 ounces (any flavor may be used)
- 2 cups boiling water
Adapted from bebeloveokazu.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Mix together butter, flour, brown sugar and nuts in a stand mixer. Press into a 13 X 9 inch pan; Bake for 15 minutes. Let this cool completely.
Mix the lemon gelatin with 1 cup of boiling water. Set aside to cool.
Mix together cream cheese, sugar and Cool Whip; add cooled lemon gelatin mixture to the cream cheese mix. Pour this over the crust; refrigerate for 1 hour.
NOTE: The cream cheese filling will be light and soft. It will not be as firm as you might expect it to be.
Combine cherry gelatin (or your gelatin flavor of choice) and 2 cups of boiling water; cool.
Gently spoon the Jello over the cold cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until cherry gelatin is firm (overnight or up to 4 hours).
Slice Jello cheesecake into generous squares and serve!