Amish Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- Cinnamon Sugar Mix:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
Adapted from amish365.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 2 muffin tins with cooking spray, set aside.
3. With a wooden spoon, beat together 2 cups sugar, butter and eggs.
4. Add in buttermilk, flour, and baking soda and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Using a little less than half the batter, place a spoonful of batter into each muffin cup.
6. In a medium sized separate bowl, stir together the ⅔ cup sugar and cinnamon.
7. Using approximately half this cinnamon sugar mixture, sprinkle over the batter in each muffin tin (Using approximately ½ to ¾ tsp for each muffin).
8. Top each muffin with the remaining batter, filling the muffin tins ⅔ full.
9. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over top of each muffin tin.
10. Using a butter knife, swirl each individual muffin so that the cinnamon sugar mixture will be throughout each muffin.
11. Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
12. Mix glaze ingredients while muffins are baking.
13. Top with glaze while still warm.
14. Let cool in pan for a few minutes.