Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These lettuce wraps are a delicious choice when preparing for a party or just looking for a healthier way to enjoy your favorite restaurant wraps. For extra visual appeal, garnish with bright extras like red peppers and scallions.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 8 large lettuce leaves
Adapted from self.com
Heat canola oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Place mushrooms in a large bowl, set aside.
Add chicken, garlic and ginger to skillet and cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until chicken is brown, breaking the meat up as it cooks. Combine the chicken mixture with the bowl of mushrooms; add green onions and water chestnuts; toss together.
Combine sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl; whisk to mix well.
Divide chicken mixture evenly between each lettuce leaf and top with sesame oil mixture.