Garlic Pork Roast
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 9 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 5-pound, boneless pork shoulder roast with fat cap
- Lime wedges, for serving
In a large, sturdy resealable plastic bag, combine the cilantro, orange and lime juices, garlic, oregano, olive oil, 2 tablespoons of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Add the pork shoulder, seal the bag and turn to coat. Transfer the bag to a large baking dish and refrigerate the pork overnight, turning the bag once or twice.
2. Remove the pork from the marinade and scrape off the garlic and herbs; discard the marinade. Season the pork all over with salt and pepper and transfer to a large enameled cast-iron casserole. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°. Roast the pork fat side up for 1 hour, until lightly browned. Reduce the oven temperature to 300° and roast for 4 hours longer, until the pork is very tender and the fat cap is crispy; transfer to a carving board and let rest for 30 minutes. Chop the fat cap into bite-size pieces. Carve, shred or pull apart the pork and garnish with the crispy cap pieces. Serve with lime wedges.
Make Ahead The roast pork can be refrigerated overnight; rewarm in a 300° oven. Serve With Black beans and rice.
You'll also love
- 4 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Ice... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Broccoli Tortellini and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Chops with dried apples and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asparagus With Slivered Garlic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Cheese Bread Sticks (PW) 0/5 (0 Votes)