Creamy Stove Top Lemon Chicken
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken broth, I use a bullion cube and a cup of water
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 medium onion sliced in rings or 8 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
In a large Ziploc bag, combine, flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chicken a few pieces at a time. Shake to coat chicken with flour mixture
In a large somewhat deep frying pan, Brown chicken in butter until both sides are a nice brown color.
Add chicken broth, lemon, cream and onions or mushrooms if desired
cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or so, until meat is tender.
Garnish with parsley if desired and serve over rice or mashed potaotes