- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3 medium fresh kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1 3/4 ounce package powdered fruit pectin
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- Dash salt
- 5 cups sugar
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from bhg.com
In a medium bowl slightly mash strawberries. In a Dutch oven combine strawberries, kiwifruit, pectin, crystallized ginger, butter, lemon juice, orange peel, and salt. Heat on medium-high, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full rolling boil.
Add sugar. Return to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim off foam with a metal spoon.
Ladle jam into hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars; adjust lids. Process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars; cool on racks. Makes about 6 half-pint jars.
You'll also love
- Zucchini-Potato Latkes with... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Sticky Date Pudding with Toffee... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Cherry Berry Shortcake Stars 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Hand Pies 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Kiwi Capiroska 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Jennifer Mclagan's Simple... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Ben & Jerry's Kiwi Ice Cream 4.5/5 (15 Votes)