Baked Tilapia Curry
This healthy fish-and-vegetable curry recipe is made with yellow curry paste, but any Thai curry paste—red or green—will work. Serve with sautéed green beans and brown basmati rice to soak up all the delicious sauce.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium-to-large red bell peppers, halved and sliced
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 14-ounce can “lite” coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1-1 1/4 pounds tilapia fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and shallot and cook, stirring, until the peppers are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add coconut milk, lime juice and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes to blend flavors.
Place tilapia in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the curry sauce over the fish.
Bake until the fish is opaque in the middle, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.