Hot Pickled Peppers
Yummy and very versatile, try these easy hot pickled peppers in your recipes. Perfect on a nachos, or even in sandwiches.
- 10 pounds jalapeños
- 8 cups vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons kosher or pickling salt
- 7 cloves garlic
- 3 1/2 teaspoons peppercorns
- 7 to 14 bay leaves
- In each jar add 1/2 tsp kosher or pickling salt, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 tsp peppercorns, 1-2 bay leaves
- 7 quart jars
Prepare jars, I use my oven to keep them warm. Sterilize lids.
Heat the vinegar and water with the addition of sugar to very hot, but not boiling.
Boil water in the canner.
Simply add your garlic, salt, bay leaf and pepper to the bottom of the quart jars and slice the jalapeños 1/2 inch. Pack them as tight as you can. Fill the jars with the vinegar and water mixture, leave 1/2 headspace.
Process in the canner for 10 minutes. This will make 7 qts.
You'll also love
- Tenderloin tips with mushroom... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Braised Lamb Shanks with North... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cajun Andouille 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry Ice Cubes 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Pork & Mushroom Stew with Potato... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Takeout Asian-Style Fried Chicken... 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Bisquick Heart Smart®... 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Spicy Canned Banana Peppers 3.8/5 (117 Votes)