Eggplant and Turkey Sausage Lasagna
- 12 links( about 2 pounds) Italian Turkey Sausage, removed from Casings
- 3 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz roasted garlic tomato paste
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen Italian style breaded eggplant slices ( I use Michael Angelo's)
- 4 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 12 ounces( about 3 cups) shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taaste
1. Preheat oven to 350
2.Heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium-high heat and stir in diced onions, saute onions until soft about 5 minutes, add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Remove onion and garlic mixture to a bowl and reserve to add later to turkey sausage
3.Add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to skillet. Over medium high heat , add turkey sausage, season with salt and pepper to taste.
4.Cook and stir until turkey sausage is crumbly,evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
5.Stir in tomato paste, onions and garlic into turkey sausage; bring to a simmer and set sauce aside.
6.Add a thin layer of marinara sauce in a 9x13 baking dish
7.Place 1/3 of the eggplant slices on bottom of the dish.
8.Add 1/2 of the turkey sausage mixture on top of eggplant layer.Pour 1/3 of the marinara sauce on top
9.Sprinkle 1/3 of mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the grated parmesan cheese on top of marinara sauce .
10.Repeat doing one more layer of eggplant,turkey sausage, marinara sauce and cheeses.Finish with remaining 1/3 of egg plant, top with remaining egg plant slices,add remaining 1/3 of the marinara sauce and finish with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.Cover dish with aluminum foil.
11.Bake covered in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted
12.Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Lasagna with Lamb and Peas 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Potato Soup 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Fusilli with Yellow Squash & Grape... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Rosemary Lamb Kofte With Creamed... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chorizo Scrambled Eggs Breakfast... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Tortilla Soup with Chorizo &... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Turkey Pot Pie with Cheesy Biscuit... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- LIGHTER EGGPLANT PARMESAN 4.7/5 (13 Votes)