Potatoe and Artichoke Gratin
Looks good. Have not tried it yet.
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 pound(s) (about 4) leeks, white and light green parts only, cut into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme
- 8 ounce(s) (about 2 cups) Gruyère, grated
- 1 can(s) (14-ounce) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 3 pound(s) russet potatoes
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan
1.Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Butter a 3-quart or 9- by 13-inch baking dish.
2.Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and onion, season with 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook for 3 minutes; remove from heat. Add cheese and artichokes to leek mixture and toss to combine.
3.Peel and thinly slice potatoes (about 1/8 inch thick). Layer one-third of potatoes in prepared baking dish, then top with half artichoke mixture; repeat. Top with remaining potatoes. Pour heavy cream over potatoes; press gently to submerge. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
4.Tightly cover dish with foil, place on a rimmed baking sheet (to catch any drips) and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more. Let gratin rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Scotch Apple Balls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garden Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shoestring Apple Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Zucchini Chips with Paprika... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Curry Tilapia, Spinach and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- GENDARME POTATOES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Artichoke and Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PARMESAN ARTICHOKE NIBBLERS 0/5 (0 Votes)