Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2 large breasts
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 3/4 cups of instant whole grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded colby jack cheese
Adapted from pinterest.com
1.Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
2.Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts and stir in canned tomatoes, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
3.Cook on low for about 4 hours, until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
4.Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker.
5.Turn slow cooker to high and stir in instant rice and black beans.
6.Let cook 30-45 minutes on high, or until rice is tender.
7.Add chicken back in, top with cheese and let cook a few minutes longer until cheese is melted.
8.Serve with fresh diced tomatoes, sour cream, green onions, avocados or guacamole.