- 5 lbs Russet potatoes, unpeeled and washed
- 1 tablespoon of salt (to cook in)
- 1 1/2 cups Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing spread
- 1 tablespoon mustard (optional, I don't always put mustard)
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 large eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- paprika, garnish
place unpeeled potatoes in a large pot covered with COLD water and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove cover and continue boiling for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through.
Pierce with a fork to check doneness. Drain and cool potatoes.
In the empty pot add mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, mustard, apple cider vinegar, eggs, onion, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined, smash the eggs while mixing.
Using back of a butter knife peel skins from potatoes and cut potatoes into bite size chunks and add to mayonnaise mixture as you cut them.
Mix to combine.