Croissant Cream Cheese Flan
A delightfully light sinful dessert.
- 4 croissants (Kirkland work very well)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 5 large eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 18 oz evaporated milk
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 16 oz half and half
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Slice croissants in half and lightly toast in the oven, face up, for 10 ten minutes.
3. Caramelize the bottom of an 8X4 inch round pan by pouring 1/2 cup sugar into the pan. Dissolve the sugar over medium heat until light brown, making sure to cover the entire bottom of the pan. Let cool.
4. Layer toasted croissants in the pan.
5. In a blender, mix eggs for 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, evaporated milk and condensed milk; blend to obtain a creamy custard.
6. Pour egg mixture into a large bowl and add remaining sugar, half and half and vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon until well incorporated and pour over croissants. Make sure the mixture saturates the croissants.
7. Place the pan in a large pan containing 1/2 inch of warm water and bake for about 1 hour. Cooking time may vary depending on the oven. Flan should have a light golden color when done.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Tip: Cut flan into squares and serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top. Drizzle with carmel sauce from the pan.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Flan 4/5 (6 Votes)