Chicken Breasts with Almonds
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 8oz package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
Preheat oven to 350. Place chicken in a 13x9inch baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute 4 to 6 mins or until golden brown. Add wine; cook, stirring often, 2 mins. Stir in soup and cream, and cook, stirring often, 3 mins. Pour mushroom mixture over chicken.
Bake at 350 for 40 to 45mins or until bubbly. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 mins. Sprinkle with almonds and chopped parsley. Serve over hot cooked rice.