Cinnamon & Cinnamon / Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 120 g butter (room temp)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbs milk (optional)
- 2 tbs cocoa
1. Beat Butter until it begins to pail. add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg and beat until combined
2. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and salt and continue to beat until completely combined. The mixture should begin to come together but if it seems a little crumbly add the milk.
3. Remove half of the mixture, flatten into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
4. Add the cocoa to the remaining dough in the bowl and mix until completely combined. As with the earlier half, flatten into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to firm.
5. Preheat oven to 350
6. Remove dough one disc at a time and roll out to 1/2 cm thickness. Cut out shapes and place ion a tray line with baking paper and one full of shaped cookie dough immediately place in the freezer around 20 min.
7. Remove and bake for 6 - 12 minutes