Banana-Oat Blender Pancakes
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 large ripe, organic banana
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping tablespoon local honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large organic egg
- coconut oil or butter for cooking
Adapted from mountainmamacooks.com
Place all ingredients, except egg and coconut oil in the base of a blender and blend until smooth. Add egg and pulse a few times until egg is fully incorporated.
Heat a griddle or large saute pan over medium heat and melt a teaspoon or two of coconut oil. When hot, pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides (about 2-3 minutes per side) and serve hot with maple syrup.
*If batter becomes too thick to pour easily, add a tablespoon or two of almond milk to thin.