Mexican Fire Rice
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1 1/3 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the rice, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
In a large skillet over medium heat brown sausage until no longer pink.
In a medium mixing bowl add cooked rice, cooked sausage, picante sauce, and sour cream. Mix well, place in casserole dish, and top with cheddar cheese.
Bake approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with sides of extra picante sauce and sour cream.