[Scallops], Leek, and Spinach Pasta
Give this dish an even richer & more complex flavor by adding 1/2c dry white wine to the leeks after they have softened. Cook until the wine has almost evaporated before adding the shrimp & lemon zest.
- 12 oz gemelli, fusilli, or some other short pasta
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 2 leeks (white & light green parts only), cut into half-moons
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- 1 lb med [scallops]
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- 10 oz baby spinach (~12 cups)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from realsimple.com
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain & return it to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over med heat.
3. Add the leeks, 1/2t salt, & 1/4t pepper & cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks have softened, 3-5 min.
4. Add the [scallops] & lemon zest & cook, tossing frequently, until the [scallops] are opaque throughout.
5. Add the cream & 1/2t salt to the pasta in the pot & cook over med heat, stirring, until slightly thickened, 1-2 min.
6. Add the [scallop] mixture & the spinach & toss to combine
You'll also love
- Pizza with caramelized pear, goat... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegan Carrot Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Onion Mac N' Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kale, Apple and Pancetta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Cakes With Arugula Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fall Ravioli Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Andouille Sausage + Jerk Shrimp... 0/5 (0 Votes)