Space Dust Cookies
Toasted almonds and powdered sugar make these butter cookies out of this world.
- 1 half a pound of Irish butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus confectioners sugar
- 2 drops of almond extract
- 30 roasted whole almonds
- 2 Tablespoons confectioners sugar reserved for dusting after baking
Adapted from cooking.com
Place softend butter in mixer bowl using a paddle attachment... add flour, confectioners sugar and almond drops, mix on low until all is incorporated then increase speed to medium high for 5 minutes, scrape sides to make sure all ingredients are mixed well. Drop teaspoonfuls onto parchment or a silpat bake 350 for 12 to 15 minutes light brown on bottoms not the top, remove from the oven place a roasted almond in center of each cookie carefully not pushing hard, dust immediately with the reserved confectioners sugar.