Pan Fried Oysters With Aged Sherry Sauce And Osetra Caviar
- 12 oysters shucked, with
- one -half of each shell reserved
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal seasoned with
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 2 1/2 ounces osetra caviar
- AGED SHERRY SAUCE:
- 2 shallots peeled, and finely diced
- 1 cup aged sherry vinegar
- 2 sticks butter very cold, and cut into pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
For the Oysters: Dredge oysters in cornmeal. Heat oil in a large skillet until almost smoking. Saute oysters on each side for 1 minute. Spoon 2 teaspoons of butter sauce into each reserved shell. Top with an oyster and a heaping teaspoon of caviar
For the Aged Sherry Sauce: Place shallots and sherry vinegar in a small saucepan and reduce to 1 tablespoon over high heat. Whisk in the butter, piece by piece. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe yields 4 servings.