Parmesan and Sage Crusted Pork Chops
- 1 (1 1⁄4-ounce) slice white bread, torn into pieces
- or I use Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 ⁄4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 large egg whites lightly beaten
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless thin-cut pork loin chops, trimmed
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
Place bread in a food processor; pulse bread 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure about 1 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, sage, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Place flour in another shallow dish. Combine mustard and egg whites in another shallow dish, stirring with a whisk.
Working with 1 pork chop at a time, dredge pork in flour, shaking off excess. Dip pork into egg white mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Coat pork completely with breadcrumb mixture; set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining pork, flour, egg white mixture, and breadcrumb mixture.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and done