- 1 precooked and cooled Paleo Pie Crust
- 1 3/4 cup cooked pumpkin puree (or 1 15-ounce can organic pumpkin puree)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk from a can
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup pure Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs, beaten
Adapted from Everydaymaven.com
Preheat oven to 350F. Combine pumpkin, coconut milk, palm sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, ginger, cloves and cardamom in mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
In a separate bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until you see air bubbles (about 1 to 2 minutes) and whisk into pumpkin mixture until well combined.
Pour pie filling into crust and use a spatula to level out and evenly spread if necessary. Place pie on a baking sheet and place into oven on the center rack.
Bake undisturbed for 55 to 60 minutes until filling is set and doesn’t look wet. Remove and allow to cool (in pie pan) on a wire rack for about an hour and then transfer to the refrigerator until ready to eat.
The crust should stay crisp for at least 24 hours but I think this pie is best the day it is baked. Enjoy!