Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes (peeled, cut into 2"-3" pieces)
- 1 c warmed buttermilk
- 1/4 c unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 2 T chopped chives
- 2 T chopped dill
- Salt & pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from redbookmag.com
1. Place potatoes in a med pot or lg saucepan & cover w/at least 2" of salted water.
2. Bring to a boil & cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 min.
3. Drain potatoes thoroughly & return to pot w/buttermilk & butter.
4. Mash w/a potato masher until smooth.
5. Stir in chives & dill, season w/salt & pepper.