Pappardelle with Leeks and Spinach
- 2 T EVOO
- 3 leeks (1lb), white & pale green parts only, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2" pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 thyme sprigs
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 c dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1.5 c heavy whipping cream
- 4 ozs baby spinach (7c)
- 8 ozs papardelle or fettuccine
- 2 T butter
- Ground black pepper
- Parmesan, for serving
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from oprah.com
1. In a lg saute pan, heat oil over med-low heat. Stir in leeks, garlic, thyme, & a pinch of salt. Cover & cook, stirring often, until leeks are translucent, 10-12 min. Add wine, cover, & simmer ~ 2min. Reduce heat to low. remove thyme stems. Add cream, cover, & simmer, ~ 15 min, until leeks are very tender & cream has thickened slightly. Fold in spinach, cover, & cook, stirring often, until spinach wilts, ~ 5 min.
2. Meanwhile, bring a lg pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta & cook, stirring often, until al dente, ~ 5 min.
3. Transfer pasta to leek mixture & toss to coat. Fold in butter & season to taste w/salt & pepper. Divide pasta among 4 shallow bowls, shave Parmesan on top, & serve immediately.