Potato and Leek Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 2 leeks, pale section only, halved, washed, dried, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 kg desiree potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 L (4 cups) Campbell's Real Stock Chicken
- 750 ml (3 cups) water
- 250 ml (1 cup) thin cream
- Fresh chives, finely chopped, to serve
Preparation time 45mins
Heat oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and toss to coat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 18-20 minutes or until soft.
Add the potato, stock and water to the pan. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered, for 25-30 minutes or until potato is tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
Transfer one-third of soup to the jug of a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining potato mixture.
Place the soup over medium-low heat. Add the cream and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle among serving bowls. Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Instant Pot Potato & Leek Soup 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Potato Leek Soup (Julia Child's)... 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Coconut and Passionfruit Slice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Armenian Spice Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Delight Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- caramelized onion cheddar quick... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichoke and Fava Bean Tagine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mrs. Fields Copycat White... 0/5 (0 Votes)