Grilled Steak Tacos with Tomatillos, Onions and Peppers
- Steak and Marinade
- 1 2 to 3 pound flat-iron steak
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 cup bottled salsa verde (like Herdez)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1 small red onion, cut into thirds, horizontally
- 2 fresh jalapenos, cut into halves, lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed
- 4 fresh tomatillo, peeled, scrubbed and cut into quarters
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 avacado
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 8 fajita sized flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1 fresh lime, cut into wedges
To prepare steak, sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Combine steak, salsa verde, lime juice and cilantro in a large zip top bag. Seal and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours. Remove steak from bag and discard bag with marinade.
Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat
Grill steak to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill and let stand 10 minutes.
To prepare tacos, brush onion, jalapenos and tomatillos with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Grill vegetables until soft and slightly charred, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove vegetables from heat.
Cut steak diagonally into strips. Cut onion, jalapenos and tomatillos and avacado into thin slices. Arrange steak and vegetables on a large serving platter with warm tortillas, queso fresco, cilantro and lime wedges.
You'll also love
- Peach Cobbler from Laura Vitale 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Zucchini Chips with Paprika... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Curry Tilapia, Spinach and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tortilla-Crab Soup with Tomatillo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Ravioli with Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mojo-Marinated Chicken Tacos with... 0/5 (0 Votes)