Monkey Bread - Gluten Free
- Filling Ingredients:
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup rice flour (75 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar (stevia or splenda are also good)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter or margarine
Adapted from glutenfreeworks.com
Preheat oven to 350o F and grease a medium-size loaf pan.
. Beat the egg whites until frothy. Add the remaining dough ingredients and stir until quite thick. (This may take a minute). Set aside.
. Combine the filling ingredients with a fork.
. Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough in the loaf pan. Sprinkle the filling on top and keep layering until the dough and filling are gone.
. Bake for 30-35 minutes until bread is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool, then invert onto a serving plate.