Linguine with Zucchini, Pancetta & Parmigiano
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced pancetta, cut in 1/2-inch squares
- Olive or vegetable oil, if needed
- 1 medium red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small zucchini, cut into thin half moons
- 1 medium radicchio (about 1/2 lb.), quartered, cored, and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup lower-salt chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1 lb. dried linguine
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar; more to taste
Adapted from finecooking.com
Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
Meanwhile, cook the pancetta in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a small paper-towel-lined plate. Pour the pancetta fat into a small dish and measure 1 Tbs. of it back into the pan (if there's not enough, add olive or vegetable oil to make up the difference).
Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the onion to the pan, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion starts to soften and wilt, about 4 minutes. Add the zucchini, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and cook, stirring, until it starts to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the radicchio, broth, and mint and remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, cook the linguine in the boiling water according to package directions until it's barely tender. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water and then drain the pasta well. Return the pasta to its pot and add 1/2 cup of the parmigiano, the zucchini mixture, the balsamic vinegar, and 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, until the pasta is tender and has picked up the flavors of the sauce, about 1 minute. Add more of the pasta water if the mixture becomes dry. Stir in the pancetta and season to taste with more vinegar, salt, and pepper. Serve sprinkled with the remaining 1/4 cup parmigiano.
You'll also love
- Cucumber Kale Salad with Vegan... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Salmon and Broccoli Cakes (Gluten... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Gnocchi (David Venable - QVC) 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemony Ricotta Pasta with Basil 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- CRUSTY PARMESAN- HERB ZUCCHINI... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Muffins 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Zucchini Burger 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Sloppy Joe and Macaroni Casserole 4.4/5 (13 Votes)