Fennel-Crusted Salmon on White Beans
- 5 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 bulb(s) fennel, halved, cored and thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespo
- 2 can(s) (15 ounce) white beans, rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup(s) white wine
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) fennel seeds
- 1 pound(s) salmon fillet, skin removed (see Tip), cut into 2 portions
Adapted from realage.com
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sliced fennel; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in beans, tomatoes and wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to break down, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; stir in chopped fennel fronds, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, combine fennel seeds and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly on both sides of salmon.
Wipe out the pan. Add the remaining 3 teaspoons oil to the pan and heat over high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add the salmon, skinned-side up, and cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the salmon over, cover and remove from the heat. Let stand until the salmon finishes cooking off the heat, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer the salmon to a cutting board and flake with a fork. Serve salmon on top of the warm bean mixture.
You'll also love
- Congealed Cranberry Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's Mile High Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuscan Artichoke Rounds 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Posole with Fresh Corn Gorditas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Shrimp with honey mustard... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Grits with Tasso Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant, Tomato and Chickpea... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Salmon "Sandwich" 0/5 (0 Votes)