Trisha Yearwood's chili
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef (at least 90 percent)
- 1 1/2 T chili powder
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 28 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 ox can black beans, rinsed
- 15 oz can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/2 t brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Steamed long-grain rice, sour cram, chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and scallions, cook for 1 minute. Add beef, cook until brown. Stir in chili and cayenne pepper, Cook for 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, beans, pepper, carrots, sugar, 1 cup of water, pinch of salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered,stirring occasionally, until the rd pepper is tender, 12-15 minutes.
Serve topped with rice, sour cream and cilantro.
397 calories, 11 g fat (3 g sat fat), 37 mg chol, 1287 mg sodium, 26 G protein, 51 g carbs, 16 g fiber.