Creamy Parmesan Tomato and Spinach Tortellini Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 10 ounces spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream or Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped (optional)
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
A creamy tomato soup with cheese tortellini, spinach and plenty of parmesan cheese that is pure comfort food on a chilly day!
Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
Add the flour and cook for another minute.
Add the broth, tomatoes, tomato paste and tortellini, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the tortellini is tender, about 10 minutes.
Add the parmesan, let it melt, add the spinach, let it wilt, add the cream, season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat before adding the basil.
Option: Puree some or all of the diced tomatoes. (I like to puree half of them.)
Option: Add 2 cups of cooked and shredded chicken or 8 ounces of cooked Italian sausage to make it even heartier.
Option: Replace the fresh basil with 2 tablespoons basil pesto.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 435, Fat 18.5g (Saturated 9.2g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 746mg, Carbs 54.8g (Fiber 5.8g, Sugars 8.7g), Protein 16.5gNutrition by: Nutritional facts powered by Edamam
You'll also love
- Betty's Lemon Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Garden's Salad Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fettuccine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach and Cheddar Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 21 Day Fix Chicken Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- TOMATO BISQUE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Couscous Salad with Grilled... 0/5 (0 Votes)