Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones
When you're having trouble deciding between hamburgers or calzones for dinner, look no further! This recipe combines American flavors with Italian dough ingenuity.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup dried instant minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped hamburger pickle slices
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 Italian plum tomato, thinly sliced, if desired
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices American or Cheddar cheese, each cut in half
- 2 (8-ounce) cans Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 2 minutes. Add ground beef and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain if necessary. Stir in pickles and ranch dressing.
Unroll dough and separate each can into 4 rectangles; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press each into 7x4-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
Spoon about 1/3 cup ground beef mixture onto one end of each rectangle. Top each with tomato slices and 1 piece of cheese. Fold dough over filling; press edges with fork to seal (sandwiches will be full). Brush tops with egg.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Shakin' Ranch Potatoes 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Rudy’s Creamed Corn 3.8/5 (130 Votes)
- SWEET AND SOUR PORK 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Crockpot Polish Sausage and... 4.3/5 (84 Votes)
- K's Delicious Ranch Fried Chicken 4.4/5 (66 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Li’l Smokies in a... 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Creamy Broccoli-Bacon Bake 4.6/5 (50 Votes)