Fruit and Nut Muesli
- 2 Fuji apples (about 12 ozs), cored
- 2 c old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 c plain, low-fat yogurt
- 1 c apple juice
- 1/2 c golden raisins (4 ozs)
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 2/3 c dried cranberries (3ozs)
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1/2 t grated clementines zest, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 c pecans, chopped
- 1/4 c roasted, shelled pistachios, chopped
- 3 clementines
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from oprah.com
1. In a large bowl, coarsely grate apples. Mix in oats, yogurt, apple juice, raisins, and cinnamon. Refrigerate overnight.
2. In a small saucepan, bring cranberries, maple syrup, zest & 1/3c water to a boil. Simmer until cranberries are plumped, 8-10 min. Remove from heat & let cool.
3. In a small skillet, toast pecans over med-low heat, stirring, until browned, about 4 min.
4. Divide muesli among 6 bowls & top w/cranberry mixture, nuts, & clementines. Serve.