Roasted Corn Soup With Chorizo-Goat Cheese Quesadilla
- ROASTED CORN SOUP:
- 6 ears corn roasted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh chives finely sliced
- CHORIZO AND GOAT CHEESE QUESADILLA:
- 8 ounces chorizo
- 6 flour tortillas - (8" dia)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Roasted Corn Soup: Scrape the kernels from each ear of corn with a sharp knife.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter and oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Raise the heat to high, add the wine and cook until reduced.
Reduce the heat to medium, add the corn and sweat for 5 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
Place the mixture, in batches, into a blender and blend until smooth. Return the mixture to the pan and heat over medium-low heat. Stir in the cream and cook, until hot, about 1 minute. Divide among 8 bowls and garnish with chives.
Chorizo And Goat Cheese Quesadilla: In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chorizo for 10 to 12 minutes. Peel and slice thin.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place 4 tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Divide the cheeses, chorizo and cilantro among the 4 tortillas and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stack to make two 2 layered tortillas and top with the remaining 2 tortillas.
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes until golden brown and cheese has melted. Slice into sixths and serve along side soup.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Roasted Clams With Hot Spanish... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Carrot Puree 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rib-Eye Steak With Wild Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Wine Braised Beef And Pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan Sauteed Filet Of Beef With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan Fried Blue Corn Coated Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oven-Baked Flatbread With Pesto,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shellfish And Chicken Paella With... 0/5 (0 Votes)