Rigati with Butternut Squash & Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 20 oz Cleaned & Cut Butternut Squash
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 oz Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 pkg Rigati
- 2 Tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano Grated Cheese
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced Italian Parsley
- Crushed red pepper, for garnish
Cooking time 70mins
•Preheat oven to 350 degrees. and olive oil to large bowl. Mix to combine. Add squash; toss to coat. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roast 30-45 min, turning halfway through, until browned and tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
•Transfer squash to food processor; process 2-3 min, occasionally scraping down sides, until pureed. Add squash puree and cream sauce to mixing bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
•Heat olive oil in braising pan on MED-HIGH. Add mushrooms; season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 8 min, until soft and browned. Add garlic; cook, stirring, 2 min. Reduce heat to LOW; add squash mixture. Stir. Let simmer while pasta cooks.
•Add pasta to stockpot of boiling, salted water; cook about 6 min, until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving hot pasta water.
•Combine pasta and squash mixture; stir to evenly coat pasta. Add up to 1 1/2 cups reserved pasta water to adjust creaminess and texture. Add grated cheese and parsley; sprinkle generously with black pepper. Serve with crushed red pepper flakes.
You'll also love
- Green Beans (Bacon Braised) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Hash with Scallions,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne with Zucchini and Cherry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SPICY SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH BLACK... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Russian Mushroom and Potato Soup... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Chimichangas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramelized Butternut Squash 0/5 (0 Votes)