Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Mustard and Parsley
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and dried
- 1 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and discarded, cut into bite-sized florets
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided Coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard (i.e., grainy mustard)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and set the rack in the middle. Toss chickpeas and cauliflower together in a large roasting pan with 3 tablespoons olive oil and a big pinch of salt. Roast, stirring now and then, until everything is dark brown and the cauliflower is quite soft, about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together mustards, vinegar, and 1/4 cup of olive oil with a big pinch of salt and a few healthy grinds of black pepper. While the chickpeas and cauliflower are still warm, toss them with the mustard dressing and the parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*Note: This is wonderful dish to share with even your youngest eaters! Simply puree, pulse, or chop into an age-approrpiate texture and share. If you cut the cauliflower to the right size for your child, this also make a great, super healthy finger food meal!
- See more at: http://onehungrymama.com/2014/04/roasted-cauliflower-with-chickpeas-and-mustard/#sthash.hiLD3Z4f.dpuf
You'll also love
- Baked Zucchini Chips with Paprika... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Curry Tilapia, Spinach and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber, White Bean and Avocado... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle-Maple Black Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy cauliflower puff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH & CAULIFLOWER... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Split Pea & Chickpea Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)