Meatloaf & Mashed Potato Cupcakes
A unique and wonderful way to serve up your meatloaf with mashed potatoes. You can also quickly alter these to look like real cupcakes! Simply color the mashed potatoes with red, blue or yellow food coloring to mimic frosting, sprinkle frosting with bacon bits to resemble sprinkles and lastly, add a cherry tomato on top to look like a real cherry. Happy April Fool's Day!
- APRIL FOOL'S DAY VERSION:
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (4-ounce) package instant potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- Food coloring of choice, to color potatoes
- Bacon bits, for sprinkles
- Cherry tomatoes, for cherry on top
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Crack egg into a medium bowl and mix in milk stirring well with a fork.
Add oats, onion, cheese, and salt & pepper and mix well then add ground beef and combine.
Spray cupcake/muffin tin with nonstick spray and press meat down into each cup. I had exactly enough for 12.
Mix ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar and put a spoonful on each meat cake.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
While meat cakes are baking make the potatoes according to package directions. I used Idahoan roasted garlic flavor and add the butter and cream cheese. Let them cool slightly and then put most of the potatoes into a frosting bag with your favorite decorating tip. If you don't have these, you can put into a large Ziploc bag and cut off the corner of the bag or just put a scoop on with a spoon.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (902 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (494 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (440 Votes)