Asparagus and Prosciutto Hash
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 lb new potatoes, diced
- 3/8 t salt
- 3/8 t pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1" pieces
- 1.5 oz chopped prosciutto
- 4 lg eggs
- Hot sauce
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from oprah.com
1. In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over med-low heat.
2. Add potatoes & season with 1/8t each salt & pepper.
3. Cook, covered, until browned, 10 min; then stir & cook, covered, until tender, 15 min more.
4. Add red onion & cook over med heat, stirring, until soft, 5 min.
5. Add asparagus; season with 1/4t each salt & pepper, & cook, covered, until almost tender, 3 min.
6. stir in prosciutto.
7. With a spoon, make 4 nests in the hash & crack 1 egg in each.
8. Cook, covered, until whites are set, 5 min. Serve w/hot sauce.