Garlic Mashed Potatoes
These are as good as Applebee's if not better. Serves up well with any kind of meat or other side dishes. If you don't like garlic, they're just as good without it.
- 2 1/2 - 3 lbs small red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into halves or quarters
- 1/2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 2/3 - 1 cup whole milk, half-and-half, or heavy cream (or a combination)
- scant 1/8 tsp garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large pot, add the chopped potatoes and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium-high and cook for about 20 minutes or until just tender. Drain in a colander.
In that same pot, melt the margarine. Whisk in the milk and all the seasonings. Heat just until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat and add the drained potatoes. Smash coarsely with a potato masher, leaving some small chunks. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste, adding more milk if needed for desired consistency. Garnish top with thin pats of margarine if desired.
You'll also love
- Banana Cream Pie Cookies 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemonade 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Cheesy Spinach Muffins 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Summer Broccoli Salad 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Potato and Turkey Bacon Quiche 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Shrimp 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Garlic-Pork Stir-Fry 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Red Potato Roasted Garlic Mashed... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)