Bruschetta with Salmon Tartare and Roe
Salmon tartare served on toast, topped with creme fraiche and salmon roe, make a perfect starter or appetizer for a special occasion.
- 1 loaf crusty bread, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 garlic cloves, cut in half
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for marinade
- 18 ounces skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Sea salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche
- 3 heaping tablespoons salmon roe
Preparation time 15mins
Toast both sides of the bread until golden, then rub one side of each slice with the halved garlic cloves and brush generously with the extra virgin olive oil.
Cut the salmon fillets into 1/2 inch dice, place in a nonmetallic bowl with the chives, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Serve the salmon tartare immediately on the slices of bruschetta, topped with a small spoonful of each creme fraiche and salmon roe.