Stuffed Marinated Veal Chops
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella, 1/2" thick
- 4 thin slices prosciutto finely chopped
- 4 sage leaves cut chiffonade
- 4 veal chops, 2" thick pocket cut into side
- 4 roasted garlic cloves mashed to paste
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Stuff each chop with 1 slice of mozzarella and 1/4 of the prosciutto and sage chiffonade and secure with toothpicks and place in a medium shallow baking dish.
Whisk together the garlic, olive oil and vinegar and pour over the veal chops. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Remove chops from marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the chops for 7 to 8 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
This recipe yields 4 servings.