Crab 'n Bacon Pepper Sliders
- 6-8 mini bell peppers, washed, seeded, and sliced in half from top to bottom
- 6 ounces fresh or canned crab meat, finely chopped
- 3 slices uncooked bacon, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced small
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- kosher or sea salt, to taste)
- 1/4 cup crushed pork rinds
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Arrange bell peppers cut side up on a rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
Place bacon into a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions and continue to cook 4-5 minutes more, until bacon is crisp and onions are translucent. Remove from heat, transfer onions and bacon from pan, and drain on paper towel. Discard grease.
Add all additional ingredients except pork rinds to a mixing bowl. Use a large spoon to stir and combine everything until creamy. Add onions and bacon and stir to combine.
Place 1-2 tablespoons of filling into each of the bell pepper halves. Top with crushed pork rinds and place pan into oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until peppers have softened and mixture is hot and bubbly.