Southwestern Pasta Salad
- 1 pound orecchiette cooked al dente
- 2 yellow peppers grilled, julienned
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 6 tomatillos quartered
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans thawed
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
Place cooked pasta in a large bowl, add peppers, onions, tomatillo, corn and lima beans.
Place vinegar and chipotle peppers in a blender and blend until smooth. Slowly add olive oil until emulsified and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the salad with the dressing and add cilantro.
This recipe yields 4 servings.