Skillet Home Fries
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion finely sliced
- 1 large poblano pepper finely diced
- 1 large red pepper finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 red potatoes cut 1/2" cubes
Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft. Add poblano, red pepper and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add paprika and cook for 1 minute.
Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook until almost cooked through. Remove cover and continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
This recipe yields 4 servings.